Frequently Asked QuestionsFrequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQ's.
Please contact us if you have any other questions not listed.
- Does Tokyo Monthly 21 offer hotel rooms or services?
- No. TM21 offers self-serviced, furnished apartments.
- Do you have properties outside of Tokyo?
- Unfortunately not yet but keep checking back for new listings.
- What do you mean by fully furnished apartments?
- Our apartments are fully furnished with kitchen, bathroom, furniture, appliances, tableware, cooking utensils, and other housewares. For more details, refer to the Facility List.
- How soon can I reserve an apartment?
- Depending on the situation, we usually need about a week to process the booking.
- Do I need a Japanese guarantor?
- No, you do not need a Japanese guarantor.
- Do I need any special documents when I sign the CONTRACT at your office or the apartment to be leased?
- We only require a copy of your passport.
- How does the payment process work?
If planning to make a payment by bank wire transfer, you are requested to pay the first rent to a bank to be specified in the APARTMENT FIXED-TERM LEASE CONTRACT (CONTRACT) at least 7 days before your expected move-in day.
If planning to make a payment by credit card, the online payment is required.
- How and where can I get my room key(s)?
- You will receive your key(s) when you visit our office, once you have settled the CONTRACT and paid the first rent.
- Can I extend the lease term already settled in the CONTRACT?
- You may sign a new lease once the singed lease expires however the room can only be extended on an availability-basis only.
- Is there a phone in the apartment?
- There is no land line in the apartments. We recommend that you purchase a rental phone from the airport or from Softbank.
- Is internet connection available?
Yes, free Wi-Fi and LAN internet connection is available.
Traffic/processing should be limited to reasonable quantities.
We cannot guarantee the speed of access to Internet.
Note: We provide a LAN cable as part of our amenities.
- Is there a set move-in and move-out time?
Yes. We have.
Between 10:00am and 6:30pm at our office or at an apartment reserved.
2:00pm or earlier
Please contact us in advance, if you have a difficulty to keep the move-out time above.
- Is it possible to stay overnight on the last day of the lease?
No, you are required to move out by 2:00pm on the last day of the lease.
If you still have further questions, please use our Inquiry form.
- LCD TV×1
- Washing Machine (w/Dryer)×1
- Vacuum Cleaner×1
- Rice Cooker×1
- Hair Dryer×1
- Bed (S/SW/W) ×1
- TV stand×1
- Ironing Board×1
- Alarm Clock×1
- Dish (Large)×2
- Dish (Medium)×2
- Dish (Small)×2
- Small Plate×2
- Rice bowl×2
- Soup Bowl×2
- Mug Cup×1
- Spoon (Large)×2
- Fork (Large)×2
- Fork (Small)×2
- Butter Knife×1
- Bottle Opener×1
- Frying Pan×1
- Food Turner×1
- Rice Paddle×1
- Kitchen Knife×1
- Cuttting Board×1
- Mixing Bowl×1
- Measuring Cup×1
- Sink Strainer×1
- Sink Garbage Bag×3
- Drainer Basket×1
- Aluminum Foil Burner Bib Liner×2
- Dishwashing Detergent×1
- Dishwashing Sponge×1
- Sponge Holder×1
- Bath Detergent×1
- Bathtub Scrub×1
- Toilet Detergent×1
- Toilet Brush×1
- Deodorizer (Toilet/Fridge)×1
- Toilet Paper×2
- Tissue Paper×1
- Disposable Chopsticks×1
- Garbage Bag×5
- Ventilation Fan Filter×1